Saturday, May 2, 2009

Training 2.5.09. Might be my last training for another two more months

Its been three whole weeks since I last did Kendo, and I almost forgot how it feels like to rush out of the door in the morning to get to training. I miss training so so much, and I haven't touched my shinai for two weeks because of the emotional roller coaster that I experienced two weeks ago. I lost all ability to do anything, even Kendo. I didn't have the mood for it. But after that depression stage was over, everything's okay again.

Hakim handled practice today. Mind you he's very funny. All of the juniors like him, because of the way he teaches and because of his jokes. Did I mention he's funny cos of his pervert-ness? During training there was this so-called hot girl outside the dojo. And then Hakim called me over to the dojo entrance to show off some of his amazing do strikes. Perasan betul, ingat orang nak tengok dia ke.

Hakim emphasized more on ashisabaki today, which is good, i think, because the newbies' ashisabaki were like ________ (fill in the blank yourself). There was an improvement in overall performance at the end of the two hours. After the ashisabaki, there was katate suburi. All the katate suburi that I did in my bedroom during those nights after studying really showed today. My suburi was fast, and tenouchi was alright, better than last time.

At the end of everything, I asked Hakim for a bout of jigeiko. But he said no, he has to go tuition. But, being the kind brother and all, he spent a few minutes to teach me do-suburi. I have basic do-suburi knowledge Marcus taught me, but Hakim built upon those foundations by emphasizing the oomph of a do cut. In order for a do cut to appear effective, the strike must be made hard. Again, willpower comes in. You must strike firmly with the cutting edge. To know that a do-suburi is proper, the shinai must not bounce off and must make a distinct sound. All of these can be attained through proper practice.

And that was it. After that I went for lunch with Michelle to spend a few hours of quality time together. Was really sweet, the next time I'm seeing her is on sunday next week. What a pain. We have never spent more than 7 days not seeing each otherever since we got together 7 months ago. Looks like we're gonna have to break the record, to 8 days. Why? Well haven't you heard? I'm no longer a Sunway University College student...... I'm going to study pre-medicine in Universiti Putra Malaysia for 10 weeks until July.... They;ve got exams every saturday 9-11 am and I have to live there. That sucks. But that is nothing compared to the 9 months of separation that we have to endure when October comes..... I'm going overseas, and only coming back June next year. Come October again, and another 9 months.... the cycle repeats for 6 years. 

Sometimes life does throw a brick at you. But what can we do. Nothing. Instead of asking for a lighter burden, ask instead for larger shoulders.

1 comment:

marcusan said...

hahah.. i know i can always count on your for an update (with my name in it..LOL)

me too! been quite karat edi. sumore ayang ayang nak bergrading this july. nola, i think ill have to take it in Januari. MUST have solid practise now. basic ada tak guna. now its application. =/

ps. i thot I was the funny guy. (jeles)

pps. why la jadi doctor? only doctors can save the world izit? ish. XD